Nash was a mill site at the time of the Domesday Book (1086) and had certainly been there at least 100 years prior to that. Paper was first made at Nash in 1769 and was known as  Mill No 402 in the Excise List.  It was bought by John Dickinson in 1811, only ceasing to make paper in 2006, when owned by SAPPI (South African Pulp and Paper Industries), whose core product had become coated paper and Nash was unable to make it.  The main products until 1980 were board grades.